2008 YZ450f Steering Help

28 replies to this topic
  • Aka.Goose

Posted August 17, 2009 - 09:34 AM

Next change will be to replace the stock front tire.

When you do change tires (brand new tires with perfect air pressure) be prepared to be wowed even more than the 10mm adjustment...

Then when you go all out...Good grips, good levers, good bars with the right bend and height for you, offset triple clamps (I like the rubber mount ones), steering damper, suspension set right...Then you'll be blown away.

• utahmxer599

Posted August 17, 2009 - 10:30 AM

Some of you have mentioned that replacing the front tire helps out, so my question is what new front tire and or tire combo would you recommend? Thanks, new to the site.:thumbsup:

• Beaz

Posted August 17, 2009 - 07:22 PM

I like the pirellis but im sure all are an improvement

• FinchFan194

Posted August 17, 2009 - 08:00 PM

I prefer Michelin Starcross MS3

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Aka.Goose

Posted August 17, 2009 - 08:44 PM

Some of you have mentioned that replacing the front tire helps out, so my question is what new front tire and or tire combo would you recommend? Thanks, new to the site.:thumbsup:

Just get the right tire for the type of terrain you normally ride...
I've been really happy with the Dunlop MX31 in soft stuff...I'm sure the MX51 is a great tire for harder terrain...

• 450licious

Posted August 18, 2009 - 02:02 AM

yeh the stock tyre on the 08 yz450 sucks ass first thing i did was get that thing off.

• utahmxer599

Posted August 18, 2009 - 09:13 AM

I guess I should have mentioned what terrain I ride. But I usually ride in soft to intermediate terrain. Ill definately be swapping out the front tire from what everyone has been saying. Now its just which one to choose..

• Justin89

Posted August 18, 2009 - 09:20 AM

From my experience with my 06, 07, and 08:

-Windham Bend Renthal Twinwall Handlebars
-22 mm RG3 or Pro Circuit Tripple clamps
-DRD RAD lowering kit- I was a complete skeptic until I tried one on my 07'
-Rear SAG set CORRECTLY
-SDG step seat or seat bump- to get you to think about staying up front on the tank
-Good tires- I currently run the M403/m404 combo on my 07'

-Good luck!:thumbsup:

• Wiz636

Posted August 18, 2009 - 09:40 AM

I currently run a Michelin M-12 up front and love it but based on my own experience with the new Dunlop MX-51 rear, and the reviews of others on the MX-51 and MX-31 front tires I will be trying out the MX-51 front tire when it is time to replace the M-12.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.