Stalls at low revs?

2 replies to this topic
  • TallJohn

Posted March 25, 2003 - 07:37 AM

Having given up on the White Bross pro Meg (way too loud), I have connected my stock silencer to the Whitebross header pipe (with Vortip), and it seems to stall more at low revs, almost as though there is minimal power right at the bottom nd (although I don't notice any power issues). Anyone got any ideas?

Taffy, if you are still out there, was it you on the front grid at Liscombe Park?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rich_in_Orlando

Posted March 25, 2003 - 08:49 AM

I think your idle circuit is too rich. When I had my PA screw out to a 55 with the 35 PJ, I fouled plugs intermittently and had less power off the bottom. I turned the screw in to 1/4 turn out and the bottom end cleaned up considerably. Also, have you adjusted your fuel screw? Here's a write-up I did about fuel screw adjustment

• TallJohn

Posted March 25, 2003 - 10:34 PM

Rich,

Thanks for the advice on the idle circuit. Come to think of it, the smoke is a bit more noticeable, so running rich may be the issue. Not sure why this changes by mucking about with the exhaust, but will give it a go at the weekend.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.