YZ426 exhaust question

4 replies to this topic
  • yamahammer426

Posted July 15, 2009 - 09:03 PM

I put an aftermarket exhaust system that a friend gave me on my '02 YZ426F. It looked to be a decent system, but the brand name plate was missing from the silencer, so I'm not sure what kind it is, although I believe that it's an HMF system. I was going to re-pack the silencer earlier, but I couldn't get the core out of the silencer, so long story short, I decided it wasn't worth messing with. I'm planning on getting a replacement silencer (that's all I need), and I want to go with an FMF system. This is probably a dumb question, but do the FMF slip-on silencers that are listed as being compatible with the YZ426F mount up to the stock header? If possible I'd like to keep the aftermarket header/midpipe combo that I have but mount an FMF silencer to it, but I'm pretty sure the FMF slip-ons are meant to mount to the stock header of the bike they're listed as fitting.

• rdefonce

Posted July 16, 2009 - 10:25 AM

According to the FMF website, the slip-ons work with either stock or FMF header pipes . . . not sure about other header pipes though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yamahammer426

Posted July 16, 2009 - 12:04 PM

According to the FMF website, the slip-ons work with either stock or FMF header pipes . . . not sure about other header pipes though.

Thanks. :worthy: I went ahead and ordered one. I do still have the stock header, so if it doesn't work with the aftermarket header I have, I'll go back to the stocker.

• grayracer513

Posted July 16, 2009 - 01:53 PM

Delete them yourself, I've got stuff to do.

• yamahammer426

Posted July 17, 2009 - 06:01 AM

Delete them yourself, I've got stuff to do.

Didn't realize I could until now, but you can't possibly have that much to do. :worthy:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.