Needle Definitions

2 replies to this topic
  • JJboys

Posted March 25, 2003 - 03:40 AM

I removed the needle in my carb and found the needle to be a OBDTM.

On TT you all describe needles as a "EMM" "EMN" or "DTM".

Do you all just drop the prefix "OB" and give the taper configuration? Or is there specific needles without the "OB" prefix?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • LarryCO

Posted March 25, 2003 - 04:56 AM

OB I believe is a Yamaha designation meaning "steel" or something like that. If you buy an aftermarket needle (from Sudco for e.g.), it's labeled OC...which is actually brass (I believe).

Anyway, the important thing is the last 3 letters, as OB vs. OC doesnt make any difference whatsoever.

D-- is a WR needle with a 1 degree taper...E-- is a YZ needle with a 0.75 degree taper. -M- or -K-, etc. is the distance down the needle where the diameter is like 2.514mm or something like that. And --P or --N, etc. is the straight diameter of the needle.

Hope that helps!
Larry

• JJboys

Posted March 25, 2003 - 05:10 AM

Thanks Larry.

That is all I needed.

Mark

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.