2008 yz450 serious oil leak! help please! anyone!

2 replies to this topic
  • YZRider3087

Posted July 15, 2009 - 06:48 PM

i recently had a new oil pump, piston, rings and timing chain installed on it. the bike came back from the mechanic running great, i have put about 8 hours on the bike, i noticed on my last ride that there was some oil coming out of the vaulve breather tube. i have the tube rerouted up into my air box to avoid sand getting in it (cause of the rebuild). there was at first only enough that i noticed a few drips coming down the subframe. i thought nothing of it and cleaned it up.

i just took the bike out for a spin around the block and hit it hard 1st- 5th a few times up and down the street, i put the bike back in the garage and noticed that there was oil covering the swing arm and dripping out of the bottom of the air box and alll down the rear shock...

what could this be? i just payed $1400 for a rebuild and could really use some help in avoiding the shop again!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 15, 2009 - 06:55 PM

Over filled.

• desert-rat660

Posted July 15, 2009 - 07:00 PM

like gray said overfilled, also give it sometime for the rings to seat, might be causing alittle blowby

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.