WR426F subframe replace

5 replies to this topic
  • shahar

Posted March 25, 2003 - 01:31 AM

I own a WR426F yamaha model 2002.
Can I replace may metal subframe with a WR450F 2003 aluminum subframe? and if not where can I buy an aftermarket aluminum subframe?
Thanks Shahar

• shahar

Posted March 25, 2003 - 07:56 AM

Does anyone know if the YZ426F 2002 subframe fits?

• Sean_McCutcheon

Posted March 25, 2003 - 08:07 AM

Yes it should. The only thing that will be different is the yz subframe will not have a bracket for the radiator overflow bottle. I put a yz subframe on my 2000 model. I didn't use the overflow bottle all last year and I didn't have any overheating problems except for when I sat and idled on the very hot days.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • x2smoker

Posted March 25, 2003 - 08:07 AM

It fits, you'll beed to fabricate a hanger for the coolant resevoir if you plan to keep it.

• cowboyona426

Posted March 25, 2003 - 08:46 AM

If you put a 450 subframe on it, you may have to change a lot of other parts as well- such as the airbox, rear fender, side panels, seat, tank, and rad shrouds. A lot changed between the 02 and 03 geometry. Your best bet is to find a YZ subframe and make a bracket for the overflow bottle, if you even want to use it.

• SoCalWR426

Posted March 25, 2003 - 01:57 PM

If it would fit I would be highly surprised! Only an 02 YZ subframe will fit.(been there done that) earlier sub-frames take too much modification to fit. Rear brake res. exhaust mt and coolant tank, just to name a few.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.