More details on lowering the big WR

2 replies to this topic
  • YamaMonty925

Posted March 24, 2003 - 06:05 PM

Hey everyone,
I'm making my WR450 a Motard and am searching for lowering solutions. The folks at Koubalink say it's going to be at least 2 more months before they have a product to market.
What about different front and rear springs?
Does anyone have any experience with springs from other apps that allow the bike to sit lower?
Full travel will not be a priority.
Of course going from a 21" to 17" front will drop the bike 2" and the 18" to 17" will save 1/2" in the rear. I'm looking for another 1/2 to 1" in the front and 1 1/2" to 2" in the rear.

Thanks in advance!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Indy_WR450

Posted March 24, 2003 - 06:15 PM

Check out the detailed article on the main page of they have a great article on a super motard set up for the WR426.

• MotoGreg

Posted March 24, 2003 - 06:39 PM

I wouldn't lower the rear more than the front. I have 17's on my WR400 and I haven't lowered it but I keep raising the forks and the more I raise them the better the bike turns due to the sharper rake. I have the forks 15mm above the triple clamp now and it's still rock steady at 90mph but turns on a dime. I am going to lower the subframe like a lot of SX riders do so that way the rear is lower but the actual angle of the chassis (rake & swingarm angle) isn't changed.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.