Rekluse Question

6 replies to this topic
  • jaymo

Posted July 14, 2009 - 03:22 PM

I have a Rekluse pro model and was wondering if anyone else running one noticed their oil to come out much darker since installing it?

Currently using the suggested Rotella dino 15W40. Clutch is set up correctly and is on the med/hard setting. Ride only tight single track and change the oil every 100 to 120kms. Bike only has 900kms on it (500 with Rekluse).

I emailed Rekluse and they said not to worry about it. Should I be?

• ears2244

Posted July 14, 2009 - 04:49 PM

I run rotella 15W40 in my WR and its a little darker but I haven't worried about it any. I have the magnetic drain plug just in case anything was happening though.

• naroy2

Posted July 14, 2009 - 09:04 PM

I was using rotella before running a rekluse and have not seen a difference since putting it in. Don't forget to check you gap after you have it broke it in. (if you have not done so already)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz_for_me

Posted July 14, 2009 - 09:10 PM

I had a Rekluse in my '03 YZF and ran Rotella 15w40. I thought the oil looked a little darker too. Put close to 100 hours on it w/o any problems. If it's installed and set up correctly I wouldn't worry about it.

• jaymo

Posted July 15, 2009 - 02:42 AM

The gap has been checked twice. No issues there. I guess I'm just being a little paranoid.

• MATTH530

Posted July 15, 2009 - 01:10 PM

I never used the rotella oil but with the activo it didnt change colors or get any darker any sooner.

• jaymo

Posted July 30, 2009 - 05:20 AM

The mystery has been solved. Clutch was slightly rubbing inside of magnesium clutch cover. Put the Rekluse cover on and oil is now coming out as it should. Should have just bought it in the first place as the thicker gasket they supply weeps.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.