07 Wr 450 sub frame.

9 replies to this topic
  • Jeff_Steckline

Posted July 14, 2009 - 04:05 AM

I have worn threw my sub frame, from boot rub. I am now a believer in frame guards. Does anyone know if I can use a 07 YZ sub frame? Please, any cheap suggestions. I was going to shop eBay. Thanks. Jeff S

• mikenash

Posted July 14, 2009 - 09:03 PM

Call me I know the cure and no you don't want to run frame guards that only makes it wear out faster.

• Icelandic_amateur

Posted July 15, 2009 - 04:47 AM

Im interested in frame guards as well. - I hope someone can come up with good suggestion.

• Jeff_Steckline

Posted July 15, 2009 - 07:18 AM

Call me I know the cure and no you don't want to run frame guards that only makes it wear out faster.

Mike, I'll give you a call. Explain for the greater good why we don't want to run frame guards? Thanks bro... Jeff S

• SJMC_DON

Posted July 15, 2009 - 02:29 PM

YZ subframe will not work...

I lucked out and found one on e-bay for $35 when I needed to replace....

cant you just cut and splice in some Alum. square stock?

I am curious bout the frame guards too....

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MT-01

Posted July 15, 2009 - 11:42 PM

can you please describe what you mean by "wearing through the subframe"

Have you actually worn a hole through it???

My WR is 6000 k's old and the subframe is fine.....

• Jeff_Steckline

Posted July 16, 2009 - 05:20 AM

can you please describe what you mean by "wearing through the subframe"

Have you actually worn a hole through it???

My WR is 6000 k's old and the subframe is fine.....

Right where the ankle on my boot (Sidi boots) meets the subframe, I have worn threw the sides of the subframe on the outside edges. The cracks are about 1/2" long and run vertically up the subframe.
Don, thanks for the info on the YZ subframe. I thought I read somewhere you could swap out the WR for the YZ but couldn't recall if It was real or just dreamed up.

• chris_TTR250

Posted July 16, 2009 - 10:30 PM

I noticed I was wearing through the sub frame, and even rubbing on the frame.

I bought some of the GYTR aluminium frame guard and no longer have a problem.

Theres no reason why you could'nt cut out the damaged section of sub frame and weld in some new box section.

• juntini

Posted July 17, 2009 - 09:07 PM

I noticed I was wearing through the sub frame, and even rubbing on the frame.

I bought some of the GYTR aluminium frame guard and no longer have a problem.

Theres no reason why you could'nt cut out the damaged section of sub frame and weld in some new box section.

Where did you find the frame guards? I've been looking online and have only found some carbon fiber ones from light speed. Thanks:bonk:

• chris_TTR250

Posted July 18, 2009 - 02:04 AM

Try:

http://www.bikebiz.c...md=40010.702731

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.