SCARED OF MY JETTING

5 replies to this topic
  • FTD

Posted March 24, 2003 - 01:57 PM

Like I have said, a buddy of mine leaned my bike out. He said his was jetted like this. In my ignorance I have no idea where he jetted it at. He moved the needle position and changed the main and pilot jetting. The only differences I have experienced is popping after a high rev and I let off the gas... no clutch and of course it runs better. What are your jetting and needle recomendation? I ride from 5,000 ft to 9,500. Ocassionally lower elevations.
Hoss

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 24, 2003 - 05:41 PM

You can search this forum. I beleive a 155 - 160 main,a YZ- EKP needle in #3 clip position with a 38 PJ and a 65 PAJ should be what you find in your search. I am planning on using this as a starting point for my trip to Colorado this summer.

• LarryCO

Posted March 25, 2003 - 05:03 AM

FTD,
See my "sig" below for my jetting details. Several other CO folks are running the same setup with great results.

Larry

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FTD

Posted March 28, 2003 - 02:20 PM

Not as bad as I thought. My jetting is one leaner on the main and pilot and the needle position is 2nd from the top. That should be ok... correct? (5,000'-9,500' riding elevation)

• Indy_WR450

Posted March 30, 2003 - 02:42 AM

I have to admit that I can only jet by throttle response and poping in the exhaust. If you pop only once in a while from chopping the trottle and you like the crispness of the throttle response in all throttle positions you are probably there. :)

• foursmoke

Posted March 30, 2003 - 08:22 AM

Hi Indy!
Listen, I get some popping on decell but mostly when I shut down bike I get small pop when engine comes to stop. I've changed main jet to a 160, removed snorkle & baffle, YZ throttle stop, grey wire disconnected. It's not a full backfire just a small pop. I have a 48 pilot & 72 starter on order so I'm hoping the 48 pilot will help.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.