YZ 450F Piston rebuild kit recommendation

4 replies to this topic
  • Wrathkone

Posted July 13, 2009 - 06:10 PM

My 04YZ450F is due for a rebuild as it's never been rebuilt before. I see kits as high at $300 and an Athena kit for $125. I trail ride and use my bike to go to work. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

• cablemonkey334

Posted July 13, 2009 - 06:51 PM

I d go back with oem yamaha.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 642MX

Posted July 13, 2009 - 07:40 PM

My 04YZ450F is due for a rebuild as it's never been rebuilt before. I see kits as high at $300 and an Athena kit for $125. I trail ride and use my bike to go to work. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Nobody makes a bad piston. I've used Wiseco for a very long time and see no reason to buy anything else.

• Justin89

Posted July 13, 2009 - 10:07 PM

I d go back with oem yamaha.

x2 OEM is the best IMO:thumbsup:

• Wrathkone

Posted July 14, 2009 - 12:01 AM

thank you.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.