carbs and jetting for dummies
Posted March 24, 2003 - 10:52 AM
1. This is a 99wr 400 w/ a 426 pipe usually unplugged, snorkel thing removed but not the whole lid. Kouba style adjuster on the PJ?
2. Bike seems to run great except I get some pop on the decel. A half turn on the pj srcew helped. It was ok but rode this weekend in the rain and cold and it seemed worse.
3. This is a bike I bought used and original owner was not sure of the jetting. So I think there is no time like the present to check what is in it. Baja designs recommended a 48 PJ and 175 Main.
4. Most riding is between 2 and 6 thousand feet with occasional trips above that.
5. What are the steps to check and/or replace jets. Do you have to remove the carb from bike like the manual suggests or is there a trick.
6. I am in north california so if anyone has any recommendations for this bike let me have them.
I know there is probably something else that I am missing so if anyone knows what that might be add it in.
Posted March 24, 2003 - 11:25 AM
Posted March 24, 2003 - 07:51 PM