wr 426 switch

4 replies to this topic
  • Boulder1

Posted July 13, 2009 - 12:23 AM

My son bought a wr 426 2001 model, Under the tank on the left hand side there has been a after market switch fitted. The bike runs with the switch in the on or off position it doesnt seem to do anything!! does anyone know what this switch is for??

• stevenacarter77

Posted July 13, 2009 - 03:18 AM

i'd bet it was a kill switch for the lights!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • byggd

Posted July 13, 2009 - 04:12 AM

My son bought a wr 426 2001 model, Under the tank on the left hand side there has been a after market switch fitted. The bike runs with the switch in the on or off position it doesnt seem to do anything!! does anyone know what this switch is for??

See if the wires are taped into the TPS on the side of the carb. It sounds like the previous owner wanted to be able to switch the mapping back in forth.

• Boulder1

Posted July 14, 2009 - 11:45 PM

Ok thanks for your help the switch goes to TPS as bygdd said! It doesnt seem to make any diff on or off? we have left it in the off position for now and will play with it as we go along. Thanks again guys.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 14, 2009 - 11:52 PM

The switch (off) will make a noticable change in 'stutter' when you are at constant partial (mid) throttle. Better low end (back on).

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.