Homer is Home!!!

8 replies to this topic
  • The_Missile

Posted September 17, 2002 - 10:35 AM

DOOOOOOOH!!!

Whilst servicing my bike a while back I noticed a stripped bolt under the seat where the sub frame meets the frame and attached one to the other. Not having the patience to deal with it then I only attacked it about 2 months later. I drilled into the broken shaft only to discover that there was no broken bolt there is only one long bolt that runs from the left through the entire frame section and then screws into the right side of the sub frame.

I ruined my bolt and probably messed up the thread. I may need a new sub frame unless I can finagle some sort of solution.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggggggggghhhhh

Dont do it!!!

The Missile

• THE_SWEDE

Posted September 17, 2002 - 11:21 PM

(_8(|)
/
DOOOOOOOH!

• Taffy

Posted September 18, 2002 - 01:10 PM

now bend over

how does it go "thank you sir may i please have another".

name that film!

Taffy

• Bill

Posted September 18, 2002 - 01:13 PM

Full Metal Jacket

Bill

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • HaremScarem

Posted September 18, 2002 - 01:44 PM

Animal House
under classmen pledges

• MAD_POTTER

Posted September 18, 2002 - 02:48 PM

How about putting a longer bolt through the subframe with a nut (not the guy from Jersey) on the end.

David Mamets directorial debut and a great movie,
"House Of Games"
KC

[ September 18, 2002, 05:51 PM: Message edited by: MAD POTTER ]

• SMD

Posted September 18, 2002 - 05:04 PM

There is currently a stock subframe on Ebay.
Check under YZ.
Sorry no good with URL's

• YAMAKAZE

Posted September 19, 2002 - 03:05 AM

FOR EVERYONE ELSE....

It is ALWAYS advisable to FIRST consult the diagrams in the manual or online fiche before drilling or cuting anything, so that you know what your dealing with.

If you haven't drilled through the frame you can always as previously noted replace the bolt with little longer one and then cut off the excess if there's room.

Good Luck Dude....

Bonzai :)

• The_Missile

Posted October 11, 2002 - 05:59 AM

Well, a 60 cent bolt took care of my problem and I didn't screw up the thread. Oh yeah!! :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.