NE1 using the factory hand/lever guards?

5 replies to this topic
  • rkwfxd1

Posted July 11, 2009 - 08:24 AM

I put bark busters or hand guards or lever guards on all of my bikes. I will do the same for my new WR.

I noticed the factory has them but they are pricey compared to the after market. I don't mind spending the extra money if someone else has or is using them and can verify that they fit great and work great etc....

Thanks

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 11, 2009 - 10:00 AM

Cycra probend with U-clamp adaptors

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=582&s=2

...and the following page

• rkwfxd1

Posted July 11, 2009 - 10:43 AM

Thank you. I had searched and read some good things about those but just wanted to see if anyone was using the factory guards before I ordered these.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ranger85

Posted July 11, 2009 - 05:25 PM

Cycra probend with U-clamp adaptors

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=582&s=2

...and the following page

+1, best hand guards I've used, Love those U-clamps. Thats always the first thing I throw on new bikes as well.

• Ironhorse

Posted July 11, 2009 - 08:09 PM

The Cyrcra u clamps allow you to roll your levers down for a better stand up rider position and keep your guards level. I have fallen over a bunch lately and they have held up well.

• Stroker06

Posted July 12, 2009 - 10:57 AM

Cycra for sure. I went with the triple clamp mounts (they seemed to be stronger to me), but now wish I had gone with the u-clamps instead.
No real problems except that my levers are slightly restricted for adjustment and if I get a taller bar bend they may not bolt up easily.
Durability these are the greatest accessory I have ever bought. Several crashes and encounters with tree limbs and barely even scratched, and most important no broken fingers or levers.:worthy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.