2000 Yamaha WR 400 Jetting Help

6 replies to this topic
  • YamahaWR_444

Posted July 10, 2009 - 06:11 PM

Hey,
I have a 2000 Yamaha WR400 that is stock except for having a K&N air filter. I live at approximately 6000 ft ASL and the average temp is between 60F and 80F. I need help jetting my carb for that altitude and temp and having more air flow from my air filter. What jets and needle should I start with?

Thanks

• viking50

Posted July 10, 2009 - 07:31 PM

Call JD Jetting at (253)939-7114 or go to jdjetting.com. If you call tell them where you ride (altitude, temp and such) they will hook you up! I have used them on friends 2000 WR400f and a 99! Got it right the first time, both times!:worthy:

• Thermos O flask

Posted July 11, 2009 - 04:26 AM

Hi mate
I had a jd kit but went back to handpicked jetting , i had some great help from the jetting forum here.
This is what i ended up with ekp 4th clip ,168main, 42 pilot,bk mod.
I ride at sea level to 6,000ft and it only needs a twist of the mixture screw to adjust.very happy,way better than jd needle.:worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Jekel

Posted July 11, 2009 - 10:21 AM

I second the vote on contacting JD Jetting. Used his jets in my 99 with great results..

Hey,
I have a 2000 Yamaha WR400 that is stock except for having a K&N air filter. I live at approximately 6000 ft ASL and the average temp is between 60F and 80F. I need help jetting my carb for that altitude and temp and having more air flow from my air filter. What jets and needle should I start with?

Thanks

• YamahaWR_444

Posted July 12, 2009 - 09:09 AM

markybehan,
epk would be the letters of the main needle right? and what do you mean by bk mod?

• Thermos O flask

Posted July 20, 2009 - 04:00 AM

Use the "search" luke... BK MOD is timing the 'accelerator pump' spray(ie how long/short the carb sprays fuel). Ekp (search again) is the needle id.
you will love it and its cheaper than jd.

• YamahaWR_444

Posted July 29, 2009 - 09:02 PM

I cant figure out how to adjust my accelerator pump, my manual says to screw in the adjusting screw all the way in and then loosen it until all free play is gone, but no matter where I adjust the screw to i cant find any free play. Any ideas

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.