WOW!

No replies to this topic
  • foursmoke

Posted March 23, 2003 - 06:53 PM

Let me start by saying WOW! I picked up my new WR450 on 2/3/03 but due to snow storm after snow storm I was only able to put a few street miles on her untill today. My 9 year old son and I loaded up the bikes today (Sun.)for the real 1st ride of the year :).

We decided on a place that had an open area w/hills & some small jumps as well as power lines and trails.I wanted to be close to van in case I had to push bike back if you know what I mean. We rode around in the open for the first hour of break-in takeing it easy, then some trails for another half hour. I have to say at that point I wasn't too impressed with the new WR's perfomance.

We went back to the van,threw the bike on the stand and got out the tools. I yanked the snorkle, I pulled the baffle and changed the main jet from the stock 150 to a 160. I would of changed the pilot jet but I didn't (1) know where it was and (2) I didnt have one.

I fired her up and off we went. It was much more responsive and had more torque.It was a blast to ride everywhere.I was still not pushing her hard for I am still in the break-in process.I was amazed at how easy the front wheel lifts at the slightest twist of the throttle, something I'm not used to expecting from a thumper. I imagine that once I get ALL the jetting done and have first service perfomed, this will be a bike I will NOT get tired of. Hope all of you are enjoying this WR as much as me!

03 WR450- grey wire mod., snorkel and baffle pulled, 160 main jet, works connection frame guards,GYT-R carbon fiber front and rear disc guards, e-line carbon fiber skid plate, pro taper bars.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.