more crf/crfx 250 stuff

6 replies to this topic
  • MN_Kevin

Posted September 17, 2002 - 02:21 AM

Posted September 17, 2002 - 02:33 AM

Did we change the Forum format or did you just make a wrong turn when leaving the KTM forum?

Bonzai :)

• MN_Kevin

Posted September 17, 2002 - 04:27 AM

????? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • lewichris

Posted September 17, 2002 - 05:00 AM

lol. Bill you always know what to say and when to say it. LOL. Good one

• Kevin_in_New_Hampshire

Posted September 17, 2002 - 06:26 AM

I APPLAUD & WELCOME ALL NEW ADDITIONS to our 4 stroke market of off road/MX bikes.

Yamaha had the monopoly on the COMPETITIVE market, after pushing aside Honda's XR400. Then the industry sat on the side.

Next, KTM drastically upped the ante by providing us a lighter and more powerful open class bike than Yamaha's venerable 400/426.

Honda jumped into the mêlée w/ a highly competitive 4 stroke aimed at the throat of Yamaha.

Yamaha HAS BEEN FORCED TO COMPLY with the new standard set by KTM and Honda.

Don't get me wrong, I DO like my WR even though it's overweight, has unacceptably poor stock ergo's, horribly de-tuned (OEM) engine from the motocross version.

Competition brings improvements: more power, less weight, less noise, better suspended. The list can go on and on.

To say I am excited about Honda's new 250 CRF/CRF-X is an understatement. Only great things will come of it...FROM EVERY MANUFACTURER.

Check out the YZF 250 and 426 sites...I am not the only one who thinks this way!

Posted September 17, 2002 - 06:59 AM

Thats Nice....But this is still the YAMAHA forum, reguardless of how may different Screen Names you possess....

If you are so very much in love with the Honda, why don't you just wheel that WR of yours on over to your local Beloved Honda dealer and use it as a trade in?

Is's no wonder you are confused......KTM Moderator, YAMAHA WR Rider, with a Honda Infatuation.....Sounds like a Circus act too me...

Bonzai :)

[ September 17, 2002, 10:06 AM: Message edited by: YAMAKAZE ]

• neWRiver

Posted September 19, 2002 - 08:02 AM

Yeah, Kev. If you love it so much why don't you marry it. :)

No, really, I'm also jazzed about the progress Honda is making and how that will effect the offerings from all of the manufacturers as competition heats up.

And, if I had an original member number below 100 I'd be proud of it, too. That's equivalent to a "charter member" status. :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.