2007 YZ450F rekluse

6 replies to this topic
  • ReedRulz

Posted July 08, 2009 - 05:37 PM

Can anyone give any advice on how I should set the rekluse pro up? I used the recomended settings and the clutch engages as soon as you touch the gas it feels like it drags a little while idling. My bike idle is about 1700 RPMs. I just put it in today and only rode for a few minutes will it work better after it breaks in or should I try to adjust to engage at a higher RPM?

• usmcpaul

Posted July 08, 2009 - 05:53 PM

I use all the stock balls and the medium spring. I am riding an 05 and weigh 245 with gear.

I like this setup, it engages quickly when I want, but has a LITTlE slip when needed. I am using Rotella 'dino oil' if it makes any difference.

• YZ450FIL

Posted July 08, 2009 - 07:35 PM

I have mine set up with all the balls and medium hard also. I use it for MX and woods though, so I wanted it too hook up fast. Mine hasn't changed much since break in, so if your looking for a different hook up I would say use the chart and fine tune.

Mine also moved a small amount when I set the idle at 1800. I backed it down to 1500 and that went away. No stalling isssues at 1500 either.

Just keep playing with the settings and springs until you get what you are lookling for. I won't own another bike without a Rekluse now, I love it.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • usmcpaul

Posted July 09, 2009 - 04:04 AM

^Ditto

• r1rider871

Posted July 09, 2009 - 03:14 PM

I run mine minus 3 balls on med/soft. Engages just like it would if I did it manually. The drag is always a bit more until you break it in. You can also turn down your idle just a hair. If its lurching just a tad then its setup pretty good though. Long as its not stalling your set.

What oil you running? They recommend Rotella. I use Amsoil syn with great results.

• ReedRulz

Posted July 09, 2009 - 04:29 PM

I run mine minus 3 balls on med/soft. Engages just like it would if I did it manually. The drag is always a bit more until you break it in. You can also turn down your idle just a hair. If its lurching just a tad then its setup pretty good though. Long as its not stalling your set.

What oil you running? They recommend Rotella. I use Amsoil syn with great results.

Im running Rotella in it now but as soon as I run out im running amsoil

• r1rider871

Posted July 09, 2009 - 04:51 PM

Im running Rotella in it now but as soon as I run out im running amsoil

You should be good to go then. Give it some break in time.

I have mine set to engage just after idle. You can turn down your idle just a bit if its partially engaging after break in and you should still be ok.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.