02 Wr426f daily driver(pull switch?!)

10 replies to this topic
  • minuszero

Posted July 08, 2009 - 01:56 PM

Hey guys pretty new to the forum and while poking around in the last week, I havent found the answer to my question:bonk: Bought an 02 426 (and loving it) but I wanna ride it more on the street and without an ignition key im pretty nervous about it. Heard a few people mention a "pull switch" but havent had any luck vets please chime in..Thankss:worthy:

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 08, 2009 - 03:13 PM

Add an ignition key. It's very easy to do.

http://www.amazon.co...GU&linkCode=asn

• 2in2out

Posted July 09, 2009 - 09:00 AM

I have the same bike and am debating on whether to dual sport it, or upgrade to a newer 450 with e-start.

May I ask what light kit you are using, price, and which vendor you got it from. Also any problems you had on install.

• minuszero

Posted July 09, 2009 - 10:48 AM

Add an ignition key. It's very easy to do.

http://www.amazon.co...GU&linkCode=asn

Donttt mind if i do. :worthy:

• minuszero

Posted July 09, 2009 - 10:51 AM

I have the same bike and am debating on whether to dual sport it, or upgrade to a newer 450 with e-start.

May I ask what light kit you are using, price, and which vendor you got it from. Also any problems you had on install.

I looove riding on the street.:worthy: I Bought my 426 used so it came with the light but its the oem Yami headlight..looking for a nice LED head and tail set right now..

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 2in2out

Posted July 09, 2009 - 11:40 AM

Yeah. I'm not into the Baja Designs kit. I'm sure I would break it easily. I'm considering a kit from Procycle. They have low profile LED signals, and I found LED plate lights online.

I'm still debating the time and monetary investments in doing this, so just getting input from others that have.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 09, 2009 - 12:38 PM

Yeah. I'm not into the Baja Designs kit. I'm sure I would break it easily. I'm considering a kit from Procycle. They have low profile LED signals, and I found LED plate lights online.

I'm still debating the time and monetary investments in doing this, so just getting input from others that have.

The Baja Designs kit is the most durable kit out of the box, by far.they offer optional turnsignal types, rear tailight versions, etc.
Next would be the Dakar Trick kit.

Many kits use really cheap parts (dual sport america) that break while you are installing the kit.

BD is better because:

- wire gauge is thicker, and loom is longer for easier install
- all brackets are steel, no pot metal
- all parts are rebuildable if needed
- relay is quality (not chinese)
- optional key switch is quality
- all wire terminations are robust. They don't bend or break installing/removing

• minuszero

Posted July 10, 2009 - 12:17 PM

I like the LED tail but the headlight is just a reg halogen? would like a headlight like this http://www.motostran...trtex2hahe.html buttt dont wanna pull anymore power from my startor than i already am.. Looked through motostano and motosport.com but still havent found a nice LED headlight..any suggestions are greatly appereciated :worthy:

• byggd

Posted July 10, 2009 - 02:10 PM

The Baja Designs kit is the most durable kit out of the box, by far.they offer optional turnsignal types, rear tailight versions, etc.
Next would be the Dakar Trick kit.

I like my BD kit but if you get a little dirt in the combo switch the blinkers and headlamp don't always want to work. Another option is http://www.trickdualsport.com/. They will custom build you a kit in what ever color plastics you want!

• minuszero

Posted July 15, 2009 - 03:00 PM

I got backordered :worthy: theres a pending transaction then i got an email saying i would have to try and order it at a later time because it wasn't in stock..any other links? :banana:

• minuszero

Posted July 16, 2009 - 01:04 PM

Nevermind, found it on the BD website and ill have it by the end of the week...thanks UPS:thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.