04 jet kit in a 07

3 replies to this topic
  • Lennie

Posted July 08, 2009 - 11:23 AM

Hoefully I will be picking up a 07 WR450 to replace my 04 WR450. The 04 bike had a JD jet kit fitted, will this fit the 07? You cant buy decent jet kits in england so they need shipping from america so end up costing a lot of $$$$$.

• Charles De Mar

Posted July 08, 2009 - 12:57 PM

Hoefully I will be picking up a 07 WR450 to replace my 04 WR450. The 04 bike had a JD jet kit fitted, will this fit the 07? You cant buy decent jet kits in england so they need shipping from america so end up costing a lot of $$$$$.

If not, just use a YZ needle, you will have an excellent and affordable result. I took my JD jet kit out and used a YZ needle. The JD kit was a bit finicky to say the least.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lennie

Posted July 08, 2009 - 01:17 PM

Any jet kit or carb parts are expensive, i want to use as many of the upgraded parts from my 04 on a new bike as i can. I have hunted around and see the 07+ jet kit has a different part number but I thought they had the same carb?? Does anyone know?

• SXP

Posted July 09, 2009 - 11:12 AM

I transferred the JD Red needle from one of my 99 WR400s to my 07 WR450 when I first bought the bike, as I was impatient to ride it and didn't want to wait for the 07 specific needle to come in. It ran so well, I canceled the order for the 07 specific kit. It's now, by far, the best carburetored bike I have owned. Whether or not the 07 specific red needle would improve on things, I guess I'll never know.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.