YZ250 wheels fitted to YZ426F

4 replies to this topic
  • Kronin

Posted July 08, 2009 - 10:53 AM

Hi all :banana:

I've recently bought a 2002 YZ426F that was fitted with 17" Supermoto wheels (Talon hubs/Excel rims). I bought the bike for trail riding so have just bought a pair of standard wheels taken off a 2006 YZ250 aswell.

Now i've read the thread on what YZ wheels are interchangeable but am still confused! My question is, do I use the spacers that came with the YZ250 wheels, use the spacers from the Supermoto wheels, or will I need to get hold of some YZ426F spacers?

The hub/spacers on the Supermoto wheels look different to Yamaha spacers plus I've read that Talon use different ones so no suprise there.

But i'm guessing that the spacers that came with the off road wheels are only suitable for YZ250's - or is that not right?

Anyway I've just fitted the rear wheel using the YZ250 spacers and everything looks and feels right, I just wanted to check whether that should have worked as well as it did!

Thanks for your help! :worthy:

• JJRace

Posted July 08, 2009 - 11:58 AM

rear wheel should be fine. THe 06 model year they spaced the forks farther apart by 1mm. So you will need the spacers for the front wheel for the year of your bike.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 08, 2009 - 12:55 PM

The key is to use spacers for the bike, not the wheels.

• Kronin

Posted July 10, 2009 - 02:34 PM

Thanks both, just ordered a set of spacers for the front, so should be good to go now!

• wheeldude

Posted July 10, 2009 - 03:18 PM

YZ front wheel spacers are the same part number from 2002 to 2007. 5NY- 25183-00-00 and 5NY-25186-00-00. I used the ZipTy Racing spacers from an 02 YZ250 on My 07 YZ450F. Same size. WD

Related Content

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.