Oversize Brake on 2007 YZ450F

23 replies to this topic
  • geshields

Posted August 07, 2009 - 05:46 PM

I rode one of our local GP style tracks today and I am very happy with the new rotor. Braking when I needed it without being harsh or overpowering, but could stop on a dime if I really wanted to also.

• yz007f

Posted August 08, 2009 - 09:15 AM

I have used Ferodo brake pads on my bikes and they do help alot. I did use them with the steel lines on my 07' 250f. I have not put the lines and pads on my 09' 450 yet. I had a few good honda riders, ride that bike and they all said the stopping power was awesome!

They are way cheaper than an oversize brake kit and the stopping power is improved by alot. They are a hard pad to track down and buy but I have the info and the company that sells them. The price is pretty much the same as stock pads... If you look around alot of factory teams use them. They have copper in the pads which really help with the stopping power, and they aren't hard on rotors at all.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ga426owner

Posted August 08, 2009 - 10:10 AM

I finally installed a Braking 260mm Oversize rotor with the supplied baking pads. It is a noticeable improvement over the stock system. I will try this setup over the next month or so and if needed, I can always go with the Honda OEM pads later if I need to.

you should consider swapping the plastic brakeline for a Braided SS. The plastic line expands increasing the mushy lever feel, the SS does not expand like the plastic. You will have phenomenal brakes then. I also would recommend swapping fluid for new

• ben_suhard

Posted August 14, 2009 - 04:32 AM

EBC oversized discs are decent for a lower price.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.