hand gaurd mount for renthal twin wall ?

3 replies to this topic
  • justadad

Posted September 16, 2002 - 01:39 PM

who makes a good mount for 1 1/8" renthal bars. Bought an endro engineering mount for pro taper's and guess what ? they have a taper on them.

• Hick

Posted September 16, 2002 - 03:37 PM

Originally posted by justadad:
who makes a good mount for 1 1/8" renthal bars. Bought an endro engineering mount for pro taper's and guess what ? they have a taper on them.

Better check the bar-end insert/mounts. The ID of the last set of Twinwalls I had was larger than any other bar and no bar-end mounts would "grab" the ID of the bar. I called every bark buster company I can think of and everybody I spoke with had no answers.

I wrapped them with wire and duct tape and that worked passably, now I'm back on Pro Tapers...

As for the inner mount, I've used triple clamp mounts for a long time (like Cycra and GYT-R sell)and will never go back to bar mounts.

Hope this helps?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sabin

Posted September 16, 2002 - 05:30 PM

ufo has a kit for rental twinwall

• bluebomb

Posted September 16, 2002 - 06:55 PM

Moose Racing makes some handguards for 1 1/8 bars just like the pro taper guards, but Moose Racing bar clamps are much better. I've put a set on my Renthal 1 1/8 bars and they fit perfect.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.