Finally picked one up!

12 replies to this topic
  • ForumSn0w

Posted July 06, 2009 - 04:36 PM

Well, after searching endlessly for a few weeks now, I was able to find an 06' WR450 for a reasonable price, need a little work as the front fork seals are starting to go, but other than that it seems pretty sound. It's basically bone stock except for bars and brush guards and front frame plates. Cant wait for the work week to end.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 07, 2009 - 12:18 PM

Where are you planning to ride that thing? Did the previous owner give you the AIS just in case you need it to ride in one of the SVRAs

Nice find. Barely used finds like this kick ass!

• BOBR

Posted July 07, 2009 - 01:50 PM

Just curious...

But why the search for an 06'?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 07, 2009 - 02:09 PM

why the search for an 06'?

I think his search was for a reasonably price WR that was in great condition...not necessarily an 06 :worthy:

• yz-dwg

Posted July 07, 2009 - 03:25 PM

way to go!, I love my '06, I kept all my AIS stuff if you need it.

• ForumSn0w

Posted July 07, 2009 - 03:26 PM

I bought the 06' only because it was a good price, I had the intention on getting an 07' with the new frame, but they are hard to come by under 3500 (btw, I picked mine up for 2900) Oh and will the rangers look for the AIS stuff when I pull into the park? I'm not sure if it is removed yet or not. Haven't had enough time to go through the bike completely, plus it's my first four stroke. I plan on using it up in the foresthill, georgetown area then branching out across the state once I pickup my own trailer. Currently I have to rely on the kindness of my friends.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 07, 2009 - 04:36 PM

I picked mine up for 2900

Nice Steal :worthy:

• JSanfilippo

Posted July 07, 2009 - 07:52 PM

I bought the 06' only because it was a good price, I had the intention on getting an 07' with the new frame, but they are hard to come by under 3500 (btw, I picked mine up for 2900) Oh and will the rangers look for the AIS stuff when I pull into the park? I'm not sure if it is removed yet or not. Haven't had enough time to go through the bike completely, plus it's my first four stroke. I plan on using it up in the foresthill, georgetown area then branching out across the state once I pickup my own trailer. Currently I have to rely on the kindness of my friends.

They will not check at FH or GT but they will check at prarie shitty, mammoth bar, carnegie, and hollister hills.

Yes the previous owner of your bike removed the AIS. This is what the side of the engine looks like with the AIS installed. Note the air pump behind the kickstarter and all the plumbing that routes above the header and into the cylinder head.

Posted Image

• MarkEngland

Posted July 08, 2009 - 01:30 PM

Once I find my 450, we will have to hook up and head to Forest hill... :worthy:

• ForumSn0w

Posted July 08, 2009 - 01:58 PM

That sucks about the ais crap, oh well. I would be nice to head out to shitty city and mammoth once and a while after work because they are close. Oh well I can always give it a shot. Yeah we are all gonna have to meet up some time and get a group ride one of these days. I can't wait to pick up a trailer for myself, sucks only owning a car.

• rampar

Posted July 08, 2009 - 05:02 PM

we paying 7k for the same bike is australia. you yanks have it good :worthy:

• ForumSn0w

Posted July 08, 2009 - 05:39 PM

we paying 7k for the same bike is australia. you yanks have it good :banana:

Holy :worthy: I can't believe how much these things are going for over there. What are they new? "One billion dollars"

• rampar

Posted July 08, 2009 - 05:50 PM

13k new. yamaha have a $1000 cash back offer atm, deal with cash and u can pick one up new on road for $11500.

its the same with cars. 45k for a mazda cx7 here and i think you guys pick them up for 25?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.