'07 Wr450 Floating Disc Problems

2 replies to this topic
  • jams229

Posted July 06, 2009 - 01:13 PM

I am having a tough time with my front disc brake. I have bent 3 of them in the past 4 months! I have never bent a front disc on any of my previous bikes. So, is the floating disc design flawed, or weaker than the solid discs?
Or, have I just had some bad luck? Also, has anyone ever switched to a solid disc? Please let me know what you think.

ALSO, I would think a front disc guard would help? Does anyone know who makes one for the WR450? I think Devol makes a metal one. Maybe Acerbis makes a plastic one?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted July 06, 2009 - 03:26 PM

Yes, you are having bad luck and yes, a guard may reduce the amount of bad luck you are having.

• tribalbc

Posted July 06, 2009 - 03:47 PM

Try one of these Flatland ones. Easy bolt on, solid protection. Mines taken a few good hits from the giant granite boulders we have around here, not to mention logs and stumps. Had it for 2 yrs now on my 07.

Posted Image

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.