Grey Wire (again)

7 replies to this topic
  • Lon13

Posted March 22, 2003 - 04:14 PM

In the manual, there is a schematic towards the back. Can anyone tell me which wire is the correct wire to disconnect? This info may be more helpful for some of us familiar with schematics. I haven't seen any descriptions of the connector yet and this info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• jackalope

Posted March 22, 2003 - 04:29 PM

Check the posts. There is plenty of info and a website. I removed my gas tank, the said connector w/grey wire was on right side(throttle). I used a small screwdriver and backed the wire out. Did not want to cut. Hope that helps. Look around for more info if you are still not sure.
Mike

• Lon13

Posted March 23, 2003 - 06:18 PM

Grey wire to TPS? I looked through the forum and i can't find a reference to the web site, does anyone know the address?

• sabooo

Posted March 23, 2003 - 07:12 PM

Lon,
follow this link.. second post has a link to a picture of the connector and a description of the wire...

http://www.thumperta...3&Number=480871

cheers,
sabooo

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • foursmoke

Posted March 23, 2003 - 07:17 PM

I found the wire ok. It was under tank and part of a 6 wire bundle w/ molex connector. I used a small screwdriver to straighten locking tabs and pulled wire out. I then put some lithium grease on the pin, slid a small clear 1 1/2" long insulater over it and siliconed both ends to keep water out. Maybe I went a little overboard but thats my anal personality. :)

• Lon13

Posted March 24, 2003 - 01:28 PM

Thanks all. I guess if I'd looked a little closer, I would have noticed there is only one grey wire coming out of the CDI, it goes to ground along with the blue wire. I still haven't decided if I'm going to disconnect it or not. I'll have to read more pros and cons. I trail ride mostly, this bike is probably going to end up a motard anyway. The grey wire mod will be very useful there.

• foursmoke

Posted March 24, 2003 - 03:42 PM

I haven't heard of any cons.Can anyone elaborate on any? :)

• Lon13

Posted March 25, 2003 - 07:35 AM

Hey guys, I just pulled the grey wire. Bike seems more responsive, revs a little quicker. :) :D Wire will stay disconnected. Thanks for all the info!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.