200+ lb riders?

27 replies to this topic
  • Charles De Mar

Posted July 08, 2009 - 01:53 PM

Of course but you need to convince them that it's a performance upgrade:busted:

It's YZ set up with offroad suspension:thumbsup:

• davidl9999

Posted July 08, 2009 - 01:57 PM

I'm 240lb, all free mods, pipe and a little shorter gearing. Because here is impossible to buy springs or revalve, I adjusted +2 comp and +1 rebound on the forks, and +2 comp +2 rebound on the shock, and adjusted the sag to my weight. It runs great and the susp does the job (i'm not a big jumper)

You really can't get springs or valves??? I'm shocked.
What about you paying someone in the states to buy the parts and ship them to you? yeah, I get the trust factor, but... ??? :worthy:

and...
If you can adjust the sag to your weight, then you already have the proper springs in the bike - which is not possible with the stock springs. So now I'm really confused... :banana:

• idamoh

Posted July 10, 2009 - 07:19 AM

Heavy Rider + WR Stock Suspension = TURD!!

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 10, 2009 - 07:42 AM

Heavy Rider + WR Stock Suspension = TURD!!

Very true....BUT re sprung/re valved forks = VERY NICE :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • c9buff

Posted July 10, 2009 - 10:12 AM

Get a heavier spring for the rear, make sure it's serviced. That's it. This is huge if you want the bike to hook up.

buff

• The-Extractor

Posted July 10, 2009 - 07:49 PM

I have a stiff rear spring to give away if someone wants to pay the shipping for it.
It is a race tech 70805 622856

FITS: WR/YZ450F 08-09, APPLICATION: 5.6 kg/mm
Part#: SRSP622856

• oldmanx

Posted July 11, 2009 - 04:03 AM

Put the right suspension on it and it will pull you around. I'm 240 w/o gear and mine scares me sometimes.

X2. I'm 245+ w/o gear. I rode my WR450 for a season before working on the suspension. Coming off of a XR600R, the Wr felt light and nimble while still stock. Springs front and back made a major difference. Save up so that you can do both ends at the same time. I put a shock spring on first, and rode it that way for most of a season...which probably wasn't the best choice. The shock handled my weight, but doing it by itself kind of upset the machine's balance.

• jolleyr

Posted July 12, 2009 - 11:45 AM

I'm 6'1" and about 270 with out gear. I ride an 03 WR450 that was revalved and resprung front and rear with Dez valving. I love it. Absolutely the best ride I have ever owned. The stock sticks work great if you have someone that knows what they're doing. I can hit anything my buddy can on his YZ 450 and don't get any of the arm pump. 3 stage valving makes a huge difference over stock!! Don't waste your time on YZ sticks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.