15 tooth front sprocket, anyone use one on there WR 450?

5 replies to this topic
  • IBLucky

Posted July 06, 2009 - 07:44 AM

Stock is a 14t. on my 07 wr 450, but a friend who I ride with says I will enjoy having a 15t. on my bike better and is adamant about me trying it. but I am not really sure if I need that tall of gearing. I mostly ride Cal City, Dove Springs area etc. and I didn't really think I needed to change anything besides just geting better at not grabing so much throttle so I didn't spin the rear so much.
So is any one using a 15t. and and does it really help this?
Oh and buy the way he has not ridden my bike yet, and rides a 07 CRF 450 that he went up one tooth on his bike and swears buy it, I told him he has different gearing than mine so I didn't think it was the same comparison between the two bikes. I think he's crazy....or at least suffering from somthing....

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 06, 2009 - 08:05 AM

Stock is a 14t. on my 07 wr 450

NO, stock on the 07+ WR's is a 13T

Double check what you currently have on your bike...if its a 13T then make the switch to a 14T for desert type stuff (I did and its :worthy: )

• Baja trail Rider

Posted July 06, 2009 - 09:48 AM

Thats right stock is 13.On my 07 went to 14t.Lot better for singal track,long rides.Also for keeping the rpms down in 5th.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • IBLucky

Posted July 06, 2009 - 01:16 PM

You are right it's a 13t. I will try the 14t. I went and picked up one today,

• Dirt Addict

Posted July 06, 2009 - 04:32 PM

now post up a larger pic of your avatar.....

• IBLucky

Posted July 07, 2009 - 12:08 PM

Sorry' I don't have a biger one but I do have the original with out the black outs. they took that one down because.. I don't know you couldn't really see anything' well maybe if you were squinting you might and with a little imagination you might something. (something about a family site.. I forget)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.