Factory Camshafts for YZ/WR 400-426F?

1 reply to this topic
  • APhantomduck

Posted March 22, 2003 - 01:23 PM

I've been talking with YMUS about getting YMC to produce a GYT-R product - an auto decompress cam kit for the eariler model "F". There seems to be some interest in this idea and some e-mails have been sent to YMC about this idea.

Do you think that you would purchase one for about $ 150.00? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Chaindrive

Posted March 23, 2003 - 09:26 AM

It would be a good idea for them to do so, but I believe they are way behind the curve on this. I, and many others, already spent the money on a YZ450 cam that does the same thing. The aftermarket cam companies are no swifter in capitalizing on this improvement. The market for such a cam has been there, unexploited, since '98. :)

I spoke with another rider at the track yesterday who said Hot Cams had indicated something new along these lines will be out around June. True? I don't know, and once my shims for the YZ450 cam finally come in, I doubt I will care. There have been no problems I have heard of with that setup.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.