2003 Kx250

4 replies to this topic
  • Honda28

Posted July 05, 2009 - 10:23 PM

Just picked up a 03 kx250 with 5 hrs since new 1 owner had it cooped up ina garage has PC jetting 1 tooth up on the rear sprocket and PC dog bones on the linkage and let me tell ya... Cant ask for a better bike. This is coming from a person whose recently owned a 07 yz250 2stroke as well as 08 ktm250 2 stroke both are sold.... This thing is cream of the crop. I believe ima keep this one and make me my factory bike including factory suspension etc... stay tuned for furthur mods!.... Going to be a replica of Eric Sorbies kx250 when he was on PC in 04

• XC-Kx250

Posted July 06, 2009 - 07:01 AM

Couldn't agree more:worthy: . I have owned and been on a lot of bikes, 4 stroke and 2 stroke, and won't go back after I bought my 03 Kx250. I bought it just because it was a one owner low hour (15hr) bike and the guy only wanted 1500 bucks for it. I had never owned a kawasaki before and thought this can be my beat up junker bike. Well now its my only dirt bike. It does it all. I ride MX and Trails. It handles both very well and I still have stock suspension. I weigh 185lbs and was lucky with the way these bikes are sprung, its just perfect. I find that the stock suspension with the right clicker adjustments will allow me to have the most comforatable ride I can remmember on a bike. I added oversized bars, cycra bark busters, pillow top grips, maxxis it tires, 12/47 gearing, did o-ring chain, pc platinum 2 pipe, pc factory sound silencer, re-jetted, a good gripper seat cover, skid plate, and fork seals. Gonna ride this bike until I can't find parts for it:thumbsup: . Heres a page a just found. http://www.teamgreen...df/RS03-05e.pdf . I am going to try the governor spacer mod that they list to see if it works as soon as I find the spacer. Gonna try the cylinder work too on the next top end. Good luck with the new bike. I know you'll like it.

• ndekens

Posted July 06, 2009 - 07:47 AM

Mine was a high hour beater that for some reason I decided to trade my CC setup 2007 crf 450 for?! anyways after replacing every bearing, rebuilding the motor, filing the basket down adding a flywheel weight, shimming the govenor, and redoing the suspension its pretty much the best bike I have ever had! I changed the gearing to 12/48 and the bike screams way better then my 450 did through the tight single track. I can even get the thing over logs and roots! My 450 would just flat deny me of this no matter how hard I tried.

So far the smoker works great for me in every aspect!

• Honda28

Posted July 09, 2009 - 09:24 PM

:worthy: cool man let me know if u find the spacer I to am looking for it. Hey if you find it ill pay u via paypel to send me one lol im dead serious. I had a guy send me pipe spacers cuz i couldnt find them.. thnks:ride:

Couldn't agree more:worthy: . I have owned and been on a lot of bikes, 4 stroke and 2 stroke, and won't go back after I bought my 03 Kx250. I bought it just because it was a one owner low hour (15hr) bike and the guy only wanted 1500 bucks for it. I had never owned a kawasaki before and thought this can be my beat up junker bike. Well now its my only dirt bike. It does it all. I ride MX and Trails. It handles both very well and I still have stock suspension. I weigh 185lbs and was lucky with the way these bikes are sprung, its just perfect. I find that the stock suspension with the right clicker adjustments will allow me to have the most comforatable ride I can remmember on a bike. I added oversized bars, cycra bark busters, pillow top grips, maxxis it tires, 12/47 gearing, did o-ring chain, pc platinum 2 pipe, pc factory sound silencer, re-jetted, a good gripper seat cover, skid plate, and fork seals. Gonna ride this bike until I can't find parts for it:thumbsup: . Heres a page a just found. http://www.teamgreen...df/RS03-05e.pdf . I am going to try the governor spacer mod that they list to see if it works as soon as I find the spacer. Gonna try the cylinder work too on the next top end. Good luck with the new bike. I know you'll like it.

• XC-Kx250

Posted July 11, 2009 - 07:30 AM

http://www.thumperta...ad.php?t=801323

This walks you through it. I am right in the middle of doing it myself. I think just any washer with the right thickness will work from what he says.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Kx 125 Build by NzJohny

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Kawasaki   Kawasaki 2-Stroke
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Sweet KX by nicko-31

• Hot  39 replies
Forums
Photo

Bad Ass Kx125 Build by Bh297

• Hot  68 replies
Forums
Photo

Help me locate an oil leak! kx250 by bbb222

• Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

2006 kx100 wont hit powerband by kxkid110

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Intake - Jetting / Fuel Injection
  • 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.