Any opions on Primary Drive chain and sproket kit?

9 replies to this topic
  • Ogener

Posted July 05, 2009 - 06:59 PM

I know the topic of chains has been discussed alot and I believe the Regina ORN6 is an excelent choice for our bikes. I am currently in need of a new chain and new sprokets and thought the Primary Drive Steel Kit & X-Ring Chain looked like and affordable option. Where I ride tends to be hard on chains and sprokets so I'm having a hard time convincing myself to by really good chains. Here is a link to the kit on rocky mountain atv http://www.rockymoun...4#vehicleSelect

Thanks, advice is always apreciated.

• maximus400

Posted July 05, 2009 - 07:14 PM

I know the topic of chains has been discussed alot and I believe the Regina ORN6 is an excelent choice for our bikes. I am currently in need of a new chain and new sprokets and thought the Primary Drive Steel Kit & X-Ring Chain looked like and affordable option. Where I ride tends to be hard on chains and sprokets so I'm having a hard time convincing myself to by really good chains. Here is a link to the kit on rocky mountain atv http://www.rockymoun...4#vehicleSelect

Thanks, advice is always apreciated.

I'm on my second year of riding with the Primary drive sprockets and X-ring chain and couldn't be happier. No stretch with the chain and the sprockets are showing very little wear, 100 hrs. plus on my DRZ 400 E. I would buy them again.

• 642MX

Posted July 06, 2009 - 05:51 AM

I like the PD stuff. It holds up as good as or better than the big name brands. :worthy:

• spc mike

Posted July 06, 2009 - 05:16 PM

I have the PD non o-ring gold chain and it has held up great for over a year now... and thats abusing it in the sand a couple of times.

• HONDA NO MORE

Posted July 06, 2009 - 09:19 PM

I have been running the PD for 4 years now, and they will usually hold up for 1.5 - 2 seasons of riding. I ride once a week about 40-60 miles, singletrack, doubletrack. These 450 will stretch it eventually, but I can go for a whole weekend at the dunes and not have to tighten my chain, pretty good value for the price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yz_for_me

Posted July 07, 2009 - 12:17 AM

I've got a PD sprocket and chain on my '03 with 3 seasons with narry a sign of wear on the sprockets or chain. The chain is pretty wide (barely clears) compared to the name brand stuff, but it hasn't stretched and is going strong. They are really heavy compared to more pricey stuff, but if that doesn't bother you, I think it's a good product for the money.

• Ogener

Posted July 07, 2009 - 03:34 PM

thanks all very much

• mike_dean

Posted July 07, 2009 - 06:07 PM

Maybe I just got a bad one, but mine wore out about 50% faster than my DID X-ring.

• KAS

Posted July 07, 2009 - 06:53 PM

I've never ran their sprockets, but I have used their o-ring chain and it held up just fine.

• Travisty

Posted July 09, 2009 - 03:07 PM

I love rocky mountain, primary drive, and tusk. I just got all my fork rebuild tools for 50$ through rockymountain.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.