best exhuast

13 replies to this topic
  • golybrown

Posted July 05, 2009 - 03:35 AM

hey guys i got an 08 yz450 and am looking to put on a new exhuast system. Moneys not really a problem so what do you reckon.

• RMCoastie

Posted July 05, 2009 - 05:01 AM

Doing a search, then closely followed by DR.D...

• Aka.Goose

Posted July 05, 2009 - 08:40 AM

Loud bikes are getting no respect in Cali these days man...
Check into the FMF Q4, with a Megabomb header...
Great power, super quiet...

• grayracer513

Posted July 05, 2009 - 09:16 AM

There is no best exhaust, any more than there is a best bike, best tire, best handlebars, best oil, or best anything else. The question is far too general to have an answer of any kind.

Knowing what kind os riding you intend to do with the bike would be helpful in coming up with a few good suggestions, however.

• Aka.Goose

Posted July 05, 2009 - 09:33 AM

hey guys i got an 08 yz450 and am looking to put on a new exhuast system. Moneys not really a problem so what do you reckon.

Is money not a problem because you don't have the bike yet?
The reason I ask is I see you asked about exhausts on friday for your 08, then asked yesterday if you should buy an 06 or an 08???

And you did say you didn't want power but rather responsiveness on the other post, yes?
Here's my review of the FMF copied from another post:

I just switched from WB AlumPro II to the FMF Q4ti with the Megabomb ti...
I did loose bottom end snap doing so (the WB is great at boosting bottom end, but is loud as hell)...So I went to a 50T sprocket...That helped bring back the low gear snap a bit...The FMF seems to have amazing mid range though (the bike seems to just get super responsive and powerful in the midrange, but in a smooth way)...It's just trippy, I can't explain it...I think maybe because the exhaust is so quiet, you can hear the motor working into it's RPM sweet spot better, as opposed to hearing pop out the back muffler of the bike, so you tend to be able to hold it in that zone better...My speed coming out of corners (and overall really) actually improved dramatically, I believe because I'm spinning the rear tire less while in the bottom end range...
It's super smooth, super quiet...If I were racing I'd probably get something with a bit more snap to it...But for practice days at the track, camping trips with the crew, day rides in the desert, etc. quiet and smooth is the way to go...

• golybrown

Posted July 05, 2009 - 05:59 PM

i dont think im really looking for power i just want the bike to have a bit more snap

• motorheaderr

Posted July 08, 2009 - 11:38 AM

Doing a search, then closely followed by DR.D...

DR.D carbon fiber race can!! sounds great as long as money ain't a problem for ya!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • JJRace

Posted July 08, 2009 - 11:56 AM

never thought much of the DRD for power on any of my bikes, YZs included. Nice quality though.

MRD is what you want. Great performance, quiet with the insert and lifetime crash warranty. Cannot be beat for under $500

• rever

Posted September 09, 2009 - 09:19 PM

i would advise an fmf they are great although get powerbomb edition
akrapovis are only good on ktms

• Justin89

Posted September 09, 2009 - 09:20 PM

DRD SS system

• cowboyona426

Posted September 09, 2009 - 11:03 PM

never thought much of the DRD for power on any of my bikes, YZs included. Nice quality though.

MRD is what you want. Great performance, quiet with the insert and lifetime crash warranty. Cannot be beat for under $500

I liked what the Dr. D did on my 06, never tried an MRD piped bike to compare it though.

• Kasjok

Posted September 09, 2009 - 11:45 PM

Actually it isn`t lifetime warranty. Here:
http://www.mrd-racing.com/tech.html

However, my vote goes for MRD as well :busted:

• Polar_Bus

Posted September 10, 2009 - 02:59 AM

Here's another opportunity for me to post my usuall:

Why don't you just save the $700 and spend that money on getting your suspension revalved and set up to your weight and ability ?

Keep the dam bike stock !!! , (and reasonably quiet is a bonus to us all).....

• grayracer513

Posted September 10, 2009 - 06:39 AM

Here's another opportunity for me to post my usuall:

Why don't you just save the $700 and spend that money on getting your suspension revalved and set up to your weight and ability ?

Keep the dam bike stock !!! , (and reasonably quiet is a bonus to us all).....

The DRD IS reasonably quiet, and the '08, unlike your '07, is missing 5-7 hp at 5000 because of the shorty exhaust. That's why. And the DRD or MRD pipes can be had for $400 or so, not $700. $58 each for 7 midrange HP isn't bad in my book.

For $700 you could do the DRD and the suspension. (less the springs)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.