T2 clutch cable 2" longer

4 replies to this topic
  • Navaho6

Posted July 04, 2009 - 04:43 PM

Compared to the stock clutch cable, my Motion Pro T2 clutch cable length is 2" longer. I don't think there any way to adjust out 2"...........Is there?

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 04, 2009 - 09:19 PM

Compared to the stock clutch cable, my Motion Pro T2 clutch cable length is 2" longer. I don't think there any way to adjust out 2"...........Is there?

Do you mean the braided inner cable is 2" longer than the one you replaced? You verified this before installing?

That would make it the wrong cable, if there is more exposed braided inner cable on the new cable.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Navaho6

Posted July 05, 2009 - 06:09 PM

The whole thing is 2" longer. It fits the bike and works but with the added length, the cable has to bend more than the stocker and that makes it a harder pull. I'm very dissapointed in Motion Pro. They should have made this an exact replica of the OEM. If you have bar risers and tall bars, it might work but they did not advertise it as such.

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 05, 2009 - 06:35 PM

A 2" longer cable should have zero effect on clutch pull. The issue is how you have the cable routed. You must route it so it is one big arc on it's way to the lever.

• 02WR426Cali

Posted July 05, 2009 - 08:12 PM

I got the T2 throttle cable and it worked perfect and was the same length. So the clutch cable is longer....hmmmm....I would call and ask to see if someone can help you out.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.