2006 yz450f oil leak

1 reply to this topic
  • jason white

Posted July 04, 2009 - 01:44 PM

I just got a yz 450f carried it out on my first ride. There was oil dripping from the clutch side, the black hose that looks like it returns oil to the oil tank( the hose under the oil filter). The line looks like its meant to twist. I pushed it in and the leak slowed, so I pulled on it and the hose came out of the motor like it was designed this way. I don't have a manual and the micrifiche is not detailed enough. Is this a problem or is this common? Can I get some help guys?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted July 04, 2009 - 09:42 PM

The fitting is pressed into the case. If it's loose, you'll need another (PN 5XC-15373-00-00 ) You should consider using some Loc-Tite 245 epoxy to help bond it in place.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.