YZ 250 Complete Top and Bottom end Rebuild

No replies to this topic
  • Cathal

Posted July 03, 2009 - 05:06 AM

Ok after waiting for ages to get all the parts i'm ready to put the engine back together, Its a 97 250, i've already stripped the whole engine. I bought the bike with the big end bearing gone,

I'm going to do a step by step how to wit pics, to show people how to do it and if/when i run into problem hopefully you can help me,

I got three of the gearbox bearings the other day and i've already put all the bearings in the lhs of the case using the heat freeze method which worked great.

I'm after getting the other bearing today, not from oem but from a supplier.
One question i have if anyone can answer it, is the bearing i took out(the one that's behind the clutch) is a sheilded bearing with 2 steel sheilds covering the balls on either side, and the bearing i removed from the case was a sheilded bearing with only a steel sheid on one side. question is will i remove the other shield or is the supposte to be 1 on each side??

Bearing is 6205Z

Pics to come later

Thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Everything for a beginner! by danieljames

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • 4 replies
Forums
Photo

different year plastics by YJB006

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 2 replies
Forums
Photo

2014 yz250 Gearbox Problems by Hoffy77

• 11 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ125 2015 by Bryan Bosch

Yamaha YZ125 2015
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

1998 yz125? by Cort003

• 8 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.