yz needs a boost

2 replies to this topic
  • golybrown

Posted July 03, 2009 - 04:10 AM

hey guys
ive got a 08 yz450 and im thinking about putting an after market exhaust on it. Im not looking for more power i just want it to liven up a bit and be a bit more responsive. Should i get an akrapovich or an pro ciruit t4 exhaust. Also whats this new exhaust from pro circuit, its called the ti4r or something.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Justin89

Posted July 03, 2009 - 08:23 PM

You should get a DRD for all the above listed. Pro circuits are awesome exhausts but arnt the strongest out the out there and tfrom my experience puncture easily. DRD's exhaust is more of an all around power gain and is used and approved by many of the users on this forum:thumbsup:

• chevy_67

Posted July 06, 2009 - 07:19 AM

I would agree with Justin89! I have a 2008 YZ450F, and I wasnt 100% happy with the power output and I contemplated doing some engine work this winter. I just put on a Carbon Fiber full DRD system, and I am super impressed with the result! Not only does my YZ now sound great, it performs unreal! My bikes consistantly pulls throughout the gears! Definately well worth the money!

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.