WR450F TSB re: flywheel key issue needed

6 replies to this topic
  • sabooo

Posted March 21, 2003 - 05:45 PM

I need a copy of the TSB for my dealer. If possible, either a scan and email of it, or a fax directly to my dealer would be greatly appreciated. I am planning on riding next weekend and would like to get this done before that point, but there has been no sign of the bulletin yet.

If you can help, please email it to me at sabooo@ptd.net, or have your dealer fax it to:

Scott Powersports in Coopersburg PA, attn Ray Worner at fax# 610-282-1613.

Thanks in advance
Sabooo

• Superbike

Posted March 21, 2003 - 06:47 PM

I do not think there is one. I hope I am wrong. --Mike

• sabooo

Posted March 22, 2003 - 04:37 AM

If these folks are to be believed there is one forthcoming. Either way I'm off for a ride this coming weekend, though.

http://www.thumperta...b=5&o=7&fpart=1

Cheers,
Sabooo

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • adamwagar

Posted March 22, 2003 - 04:48 AM

The only way to obtain a verbal TSB is for your dealer to call Yamaha Technical Assistance. Yamaha will not give any information, verbal or written, to the customer. :)

• foursmoke

Posted March 22, 2003 - 07:07 PM

I couldn't get a copy of the TBS either from my dealer. They wouldn't even tell me exactly what they did except lap the crank, retorque rotor nut and adjust carb.Other than that very hush hush. :)

• adamwagar

Posted March 23, 2003 - 03:00 AM

I'm sure Yamahas legal department is being cautious. A lone rider, broke down 50 miles from civilization, could be a problem. Heck, a guy 5 miles out could have a heart attack trying hike back to the truck.

I think Yamaha is gambling by not informing their customers of the potential problems.

• sabooo

Posted March 23, 2003 - 03:06 AM

I wouldn't even need to see the document, I just want to get it into my dealers hands so he can make the mods/repairs.

Cheers,
Sabooo

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.