• FossY

Posted July 02, 2009 - 06:34 PM

i got all my carb parts today
been just about done to install everything

and my carb falls off the bench

wouldnt bee to bad but

the 2 little hole slots for the floatpin broke off :worthy: :banana:

so now im really screwed

does anybody know which carbs will fit the wr 426 2001 ???

i got a paid camping and dirtbike rally in 1,5 weeks and would really apreciate all help i could get to maybe still attend to it

thx in advance

• FossY

Posted July 02, 2009 - 07:29 PM

did some search here with no luck so man people asked about the 450 carbs on the 426 but noone really got an answer !?!?

i just got a phonecall from a buddys friend which owns a dealership and he would give me a 2008 450 carb for the weekend

so is there anybody out there who knows if it would work and what might has to be changed

• Krannie McKranface

Posted July 02, 2009 - 07:38 PM

i got all my carb parts today
been just about done to install everything

and my carb falls off the bench

wouldnt bee to bad but

the 2 little hole slots for the floatpin broke off :worthy: :banana:

so now im really screwed

does anybody know which carbs will fit the wr 426 2001 ???

i got a paid camping and dirtbike rally in 1,5 weeks and would really apreciate all help i could get to maybe still attend to it

thx in advance

I would bet you could JB weld those pieces back into place....

• Stroker06

Posted July 02, 2009 - 07:43 PM

A really good source for info is TT member Grayracer. He usually hangs out in the YZ400/426/450 forum

• FossY

Posted July 02, 2009 - 08:55 PM

jb weld is not an option i think cause it muste feall right on the bridge (hole thing) and chattered it to like 10 20 tiny pieces

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted July 03, 2009 - 01:13 AM

Aw man, I am so sorry to hear about this.
I suggest:
PM GrayRacer513
PM Eddie Sisernos
See if either has a carb body.

Scour TT classifieds and Ebay.

Failing that, you can get a new one from Suduco or the TT store

• WR_Dave

Posted July 03, 2009 - 06:55 AM

jb weld is not an option i think cause it muste feall right on the bridge (hole thing) and chattered it to like 10 20 tiny pieces

You could build and redrill, very carefully, some new mounts with the JB weld. It is an option that may get you through your camp trip, but I suppose the issue would always be in your head and could alter your daily ride plans. It's worth a try and you have 1.5 weeks to test it out while you wait for the new carb body to show up. WR Dave

• grayracer513

Posted July 03, 2009 - 07:25 AM

No miracles here. eBay and the classifieds is where I would go first.

• FossY

Posted July 03, 2009 - 10:24 AM

thx so far

so nobody thinks the 08 450 carb would work for a weekend ???

• William1

Posted July 03, 2009 - 10:26 AM

If you have a 08 carb you can borrow, you may be ok.

Use your pilot, main and needle, same settings. also be sure to use yur slow and main airjets from the carb bells. Do one jet at a time. Do not drop it! :worthy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.