White Bros E-Series Packing

4 replies to this topic
  • ca_101

Posted July 02, 2009 - 04:58 AM

I pulled apart the E-Series pipe that came on my 426 to repack it to find that there was no packing inside. This is the exhaust with the stackable plates and the solid sprark arrestor cap on the end. It didn't have any traces of old packing in there and there is quite a bit of space in there.

I was just wondering if packing belongs in this pipe? Maybe the pillow type? I didn't think that any pipe was packless.

Apperently White Bros is done and owned by V&H now. So there isn't much info or support out there. Just wondering if anyone has had this pipe in the past and has packed it?

• matt4x4

Posted July 02, 2009 - 10:40 AM

The E series does have packing - someone obviously removed it....just replace with your regular 4 stroke exhaust packing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DBMX 925

Posted July 04, 2009 - 01:07 AM

I have a stock exhaust and need to repack about every 15 hrs. When I take it apart there is not a piece left.............. It's spooky!

• yamaha racing 230

Posted July 05, 2009 - 06:19 AM

I have a stock exhaust and need to repack about every 15 hrs. When I take it apart there is not a piece left.............. It's spooky!

what do you use to pack that silencer , u shouldnt be burning through all ure packin

• ca_101

Posted July 06, 2009 - 04:30 AM

Yeah, I repacked it this weekend with the FMF 4-choke packing from the local shop. Worked fine.

Spooky is right! I can't believe it would have burned every last trace out of there. I won't wait as long this time!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.