Fay Myers (Denver) roof collapsed

7 replies to this topic
  • rockieman

Posted March 21, 2003 - 01:51 PM

I just heard from a colleague of mine who informed me that the roof just collapsed at Fay Myers. Man, those guys can't win for losing....the fire last year and now this. Apparently about half the roof collapsed as a result of all the melting snow. :)

• endurodog

Posted March 21, 2003 - 02:15 PM

One of the guys that works down there emailed me that that over 100 bikes under the roof too. Bad Karma

• SMD

Posted March 21, 2003 - 05:06 PM

So I assume this is the new location? :) Too bad....what ever happened to the burned out shop?

• FOX426

Posted March 21, 2003 - 05:08 PM

Will they have a FIRE SALE? :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Wicked_Crash

Posted March 21, 2003 - 07:05 PM

Holy $hit! I'll have to go check out the damage tomorrow. That was a nice place too. A lot better than their old location.

• endurodog

Posted March 21, 2003 - 07:08 PM

They had closed the old shop after the fire. They were gonna try to keep it open but my understanding was that with the new location franchise quesions came up.

• jwriott

Posted March 22, 2003 - 05:32 AM

They actually kept the building that was next to the old shop and opened the new shop off of Arapahoe Road. It was the old Hugh M. Woods lumber yard.

That sucks for those guys. I hope they come out of it okay.

• Wicked_Crash

Posted March 22, 2003 - 04:43 PM

Wow! I stopped by there this morning and saw the damage. Street bikes bent up like wet noodles. They still haven't recovered any of the dirt bikes. I talked to one of the employees and she told me that there were probably still 100 bikes under the collapsed roof. She said that some of them only needed cosmetic work while others would be totaled with cracked and bent frames. It was a sickening site to see so many trashed motorcycles.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.