Favorite Aftermarket Bars, What's Yours

6 replies to this topic
  • Chukkar

Posted September 15, 2002 - 07:08 AM

Yesterdays high speed Whoop section GET OFF left me with the need for a new set of bars. I am 5'10" and really liked the stock bend. Is there a bar that works best with a Scotts stabilizer? I hope to have Santa bring me one this year......
Please help

• Jekel

Posted September 15, 2002 - 11:35 AM

If you are sticking with the 7/8 bars, you can't beat Renthal :)

• slave

Posted September 15, 2002 - 01:30 PM

If you want as close to stock, then go with renthal cr high bend bars.If a steering stabilizer is in your future, then go with pro tapers for easiest access to the stabilizer, but almost any bar will work with some small mods. Nice get off by the way! :) If you have any other ?????????? you know where to find me.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • hoppalong426

Posted September 15, 2002 - 04:28 PM

Pro Taper's, I've bend every type of bar out there, The pro tapers seem to live up to their ability. Good Luck!!

• Steve_WR400F_#61t

Posted September 15, 2002 - 05:48 PM

Pro-Tapers or just about any other "fat" bar work great. Don't have a crossbar to interfere with the stabilizer either.

• SealClubber

Posted September 16, 2002 - 05:51 PM

Pro Tapers. I have yet to bend one. Everything else breaks or bends when I fall but the bars. I will never buy another brand and probably won't have to. Plus they come with the Scotts kit.

• Guest_Guest_*

Posted September 17, 2002 - 09:33 PM

ditto on the protapers. i've had several hard crashes, only to right the bike and find my bars completely intact. plus, let's face it: no crossbar just plain looks cool.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.