2001 WZ426F Desert gearing

3 replies to this topic
  • dirtbikekidd

Posted July 01, 2009 - 06:46 AM

Sorry if this is a repost, tried searching and could not find my answer.:lol:
I Ride alot of fast, open So Cal desert with extremely tight, rocky mountain trails. About 70% desert and 20% tight trails. I am running 14/50 right now..
I am wondering what would be the best compromise for the gearing.:worthy:
Thanks to all for help, and this is an awsome website!!!:lol: :lol:

Regards,
Stacy

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 01, 2009 - 07:26 AM

I Ride alot of fast, open So Cal desert with extremely tight, rocky mountain trails. About 70% desert and 20% tight trails. I am running 14/50 right now..I am wondering what would be the best compromise for the gearing

I would put a 15 up front and call it a day...you will still be able to touch 95ish, cruise at 50 and single track. IMHO this is the ideal gearing for doing it all. :worthy:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Cavi

Posted July 01, 2009 - 05:30 PM

will the 15 tooth fron fit on a yz400 engine with no clearances issues?

• 123BigcoopDawg576

Posted July 01, 2009 - 06:34 PM

will the 15 tooth fron fit on a yz400 engine with no clearances issues?

Yes :worthy:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.