stop my throttle

5 replies to this topic
  • xrracer36

Posted March 21, 2003 - 08:28 AM

for some reason, i am looking for a stock 1998wr400f throttle stop to put into my bike and trim to correct length.
my bike didn't have one when i bought it, and will just feel better when i replace it. :) :D :D
anyways, if you have the stock throttle stop from a 1998 wr400f that you removed when you bought the bike, and would like to get rid of it, reply or pm me, or my e-mail is
lewar85@sru.edu
thanks.
racer36 :D

• xrracer36

Posted March 24, 2003 - 05:11 AM

nobody has a throttle stop they removed from a 98 that doesn't want it?
okay, then, how about a part number. i tried this once. i think someone gave me the # for a 99 or 2000 throttle stop for a yz.
does anyone have the throttle stop number for a 98 wr400?
(possibly a 98 yz 400?, but i would prefer a wr, and just cut it myself.)
thanks.
racer36 :)

• The_Blue_One

Posted March 24, 2003 - 06:40 AM

If you are going to buy one anyways.Why not just get the yz that is already the right length?Go to yamaha of troy's site they have microfiche online and you should be able to find it there. Once you see it add it to your cart for the part number.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • xrracer36

Posted March 24, 2003 - 08:24 AM

i can't tell which part it is i want???
i went there and under the WR side parts fische of YoT (just trying to locate stop and tehn look at yz) i couldn't find it. there is the throttle stop spring, and throttle adjustment screw, but i didn't see the throttle stop screw listed or pictured.
can anybody give me a hand here? (part #, or part pictured on diagram #, or sumthin?)
i tried a search, (on this site) but came up with nothin from back in the day when teh 98 throttle stop was the hot issue.
thanks
racer36 :)

• YAMAKAZE

Posted March 24, 2003 - 08:30 AM

This has been an ongoing topic on TT for atleast the last 2.5 years. Do a search on "YZ Throttle Stop" and you should get several hits that contain the correct part number.

Bonzai :)

• MorrisWR

Posted April 01, 2003 - 12:16 PM

In case you haven't found it yet through other threads:

5JG-14591-00-00

It is $10.76 through any Yamaha dealer. On the 2001 YZ426 carburetor schematic it's number 57.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.