8 replies to this topic
  • ThrottleJocky

Posted March 21, 2003 - 08:10 AM

Anybody got any ideas about how to add a horn to the WR450?
would be nice in the Cross Country Races.

• FNG241_WR450F

Posted March 21, 2003 - 11:21 AM

Try contacting ElectrexUSA. They have some very high quality dual-sport products and specialize in converting off road bikes. I imagine they have something that would work. they're very good at returning emails.
Good Luck

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted March 21, 2003 - 12:00 PM

Step 1: Get a cheap 12V motorcyle horn
Step 2: Make a small bracket out of metal and bolt it to the lower tripleclamp then bolt the horn to that.
Step 3: Get a kill switch (it will be the horn switch) and mount it to your handlebars
Step 4: Wire the horn to your battery through the switch
Step 5: Push the horn button and listen to it toot

• rockieman

Posted March 21, 2003 - 12:57 PM

In the past I've used a couple of hose clamps and clamped (to the bars) one of those disposable airhorns you hear at sporting events.
Cheap and easy :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cmore

Posted March 21, 2003 - 03:18 PM

I went to radio shack. bought a 12v dc buzzer. 4$
105dbs pushbutton switch 1.29$ wired to light harness
used velcro & attached to back side of # plate cheap but effective. & all components are out of sight.

• dmp437

Posted March 23, 2003 - 04:59 AM

I picked up a horn kit from www.fourstrokesonly.com ,but the previous post about the Radio Shack trip sounds like the best idea, and a whole lot cheaper.

• HighPlainsWR

Posted March 23, 2003 - 05:14 AM

Baja Designs makes one for $20. Passes Colorado DMV inspection. About the size of a cigarette pack, operates on 9V battery, buit-in mount strap for your fork, push button that clamps to your handlebar. Way loud, way trick.

• xr600r

Posted March 23, 2003 - 07:23 AM

High plains......do you happen to know the part # for that baja horn ? i cant find it on their web site.

• HighPlainsWR

Posted March 23, 2003 - 12:18 PM

You're right, could not find it either. It's called a Mega Horn. If you did a TT search on Mega Horn you'd find a posting by Jim Patterson refering to the Baja MegaHorn. I ordered one the same day from Baja. Must now be discontinued (sold out?) from Baja. Product Innovation Ltd. manufactures the item and they have a website. It is, of course, www.productinnovation.com.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.