Rekluse z satrt pro clutch

3 replies to this topic
  • redneckracer1966

Posted June 30, 2009 - 05:40 PM

Has anyone found a place to buy this clutch that won't require me to sell the truck I use to haul my bike? I have no problem spending money on the good stuff but I want the best deal possible. And has anyone heard anything about running oils other than rotella, such as royal purple, with this clutch? I love royal purple so if anyone knows anything I'd appreciate the help before I spend my money on it. Thanks.

• usmcpaul

Posted July 01, 2009 - 07:58 AM

I picked one up from e-bay (used) for $310 shipped. It came with all the original parts and the box. It took a little while to find it, but it was definitely worth the wait.

I love that thing, it really makes riding much more fun and easier for me. I have no dreams of becoming pro, I just like too jump and ride around with my over-the-hill friends.

I have been using Rotella (Dino style) this entire season with no complaints, or funny smells. I ride MX tracks only, and change the oil and filter after every 2nd ride. I would estimate that I realistically put about 2 hours of actual riding on it, per session. (I also put another 20 hours of really fast, on the rev limiter, bench racing on it every week. :worthy: I'm a legend in my own mind! )

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DMC707

Posted July 12, 2009 - 08:02 AM

i bought mine through Thumpertalk's store ----- best deal going for a new setup.
I wouldnt write the clutch off because you love Royal Purple in other things --- the clutch needs a heavy duty oil thats formulated to work in a gearbox, -- i think Royal Purple has a motorcycle specific oil for that, but i made the mistake of buying the automotive junk and drained it quickly.

Rotella is what Rekluse recommends, so that is what i use

• gruberyz

Posted July 12, 2009 - 08:03 AM

pm me and I can give you a heads up on a good source for the clutch

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.