OT. Stupid Quebecers!

33 replies to this topic
  • gsxrguy

Posted March 21, 2003 - 07:18 PM

When i get on my wr450 and ride i foget all about the world's and my problem's and when i'm done, i'm tired and happy and content. I wish world leaders would ride.

• Storch

Posted March 21, 2003 - 07:23 PM

Thanks Chaindrive,

I was sitting at the computer tonight writing an email to my father. He landed in France after crossing the Atlantic in ship just weeks after D-day. The sea was full of submarines and natural hazards. My father walked completely across France (Battle of the Bulge) and into Germany as a member of a mortar platoon. He was one of only three who survived. He is 79 years old now and getting frail. I was trying to think of how much we owe him and his buddies and wondering how to honor him.

Watching the lightning war unfold today on CNN reminds me what it means to be a part of the American defense industry. What we have provided for our sons and daughters fighting for us is amazing. Currently more (very regrettably) have died in accidents than on the battle field. So few of ours will die compared to fighting the wars of just a generation earlier (Vietnam, Korea and WWII) while accomplishing so much.
Our fathers sacrifices have positioned this country to fight wars in which a fraction of the people on both sides will die compared to their wars. Dad our gift back to you is a country that will not have to witness as much pain and suffering as your generation did. God Bless America. Thanks Dad.

Steve Lockheed Martin Skunk Works

• Dan_Lorenze

Posted March 21, 2003 - 08:36 PM

My father walked completely across France (Battle of the Bulge) and into Germany as a member of a mortar platoon. He was one of only three who survived. He is 79 years old now and getting frail. I was trying to think of how much we owe him and his buddies and wondering how to honor him.

I appreciate it..... Tell him thanks for me..

• Alabama_Rider

Posted March 21, 2003 - 10:16 PM

My father and his 2 brothers all served in World War II. My father as a merchant marine in the Atlantic. My uncle in the Navy on an aircraft carrier in the Pacific. I believe it was the "USS Bunker Hill". My other uncle as a naval design engineer in San Diego. 2 of the 3 have recently passed from lung cancer.

Every generation of Americans will have to defend our Freedom at some point in their lives. Fear of war is a normal thing. But, when one becomes consumed in fear to the point of avoiding war at all cost, they insure the tyrants of the world will grow in power and human suffering will worsen.

We must defend America. The U.N. will not. Pacifist and peace protestors are actually cowards, consumed in their own fears. Don't want for their support. They are not capable of defending others, or even themselves. We all know we are doing what is right in IRAQ. The fruit will come when the Iragi people are liberated from their oppressor, and one more giant step has been taken to prevent another Sept 11 attack on America.

• Alabama_Rider

Posted March 21, 2003 - 10:34 PM

Steve, our Fathers are of the same generation. Yours is still with us. Mine has passed. They both served in WWII. Your post states a clear understanding of what they have left for us. We share a similar understanding.

The youth of America have no clue as to what those who came before them did for them. Not that I have a problem with Martin Luther King, but my daughters history book had 30 pages on MLK and the civil rights movement. It had 2 pages on World War II. I think that summarizes what the problem is.........

• Storch

Posted March 22, 2003 - 03:40 AM

Dan and Alabama Rider. I will pass on your thanks and thoughts to my father. Thank you and many thanks for your families contributions to our country.

God Bless America

• Lon13

Posted March 22, 2003 - 02:27 PM

By the way, the A-holes that I spoke of earlier in this country have no clue whatsoever about saddam, war, oppression, murder, rape, starvation, or any hardship other than rush hour traffic. They are protesting the current administration. They have it so easy here that they find it easy to complain about the most trivial. It doesn't matter what is going on, if they can, they will protest. You'd think they would find something better to do with their time, like volunteering somewhere they were needed, but that would mean actually seeing the suffering of others. Plus they might be exposed to actual hardship, God forbid. They don't like Bush, so no matter who we are at war with, in their eyes, the war is unjust. I for one would like to have seen them marching in the streets after 9-11 protesting counter strikes. There probably wouldn't be so many of them still around. I must apologise for my rant and thank god that most of the people in our beloved sport still love this country and are gratefull to those who have made it the incredible place that it is. We are quite the honorable bunch, and I'm proud to be among you. "LETS ROLL!"

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Lon13

Posted March 22, 2003 - 02:39 PM

Chaindrive, we need to get together and ride sometime. Or on second thought, maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea, our combined "Low Stupidity Tolerance" (LST) might be dangerous to any Bleedingheartcrybabypacifisttreehuggerpeoplehatertantrumthrowermommydidntlovemeyoucantdothatbecauseithinkitswrongandimsmarterthanyou'ers in a ten mile radius. :D :)

• jackalope

Posted March 22, 2003 - 05:34 PM

I have one question for all the protesters. Do you not remember 9-11? Our president promised us he would get them. Leave no stone unturned. While I wish war on no one, I feel we cannot overlook what we all know is going on there. It is sad to see inoccent people die, entire countries destroyed etc. Well we gave them 12+ years to comply. did they? Did Saddam use any of his billions of dollars to help his people? I am no politician (thank god!), I am an AMERICAN and depsite all the f**kheads protesting I am proud. They must've forgot that the reason we are over there is the exact reason they have the right to act like jacka**es! Love it or leave it!
Just had to vent. The TV is making me crazy!
As far as Canada goes, we all know it's the wanna be Frenchies causing all the problems. If France is so great why did they leave? My friends up north, it's all good!

• Bamster

Posted March 23, 2003 - 04:28 AM

Leaf fans cheered during the American anthem last night in
Toronto. Thats class.

• Lon13

Posted March 23, 2003 - 06:14 PM

Leaf fans ROCK! (I just had to say that). Really, thanks. Go Leafs. I dig Hockey. I have several different team jerseys. I met Darien Hatcher (and most of the rest of the Stars) when I was Living in Dallas, great bunch of guys. Being a cable guy does have it's perks.(like meeting Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders, alone, in their apartment, with nothing on but stretch pants and an oversize sweatshirt. Cue the tacky music meastro!) At least thats how I remember it.

• Chaindrive

Posted March 23, 2003 - 06:52 PM

CNN, reporting on protests in Chicago and elsewhere a couple nights ago, were making sure to read and publicize some of the stupid placards. One really cracked me up. They reported it as earnestly as if it were real news:

This was alongside one calling for a frenchman (prez of France? U.N. leader?) to be OUR next president...
Are there any remaining doubts as to what kind of people these protestors are..? And they live among us!!!! :)

I actually am thankful beyond belief that the UN, France, Russia, etc. pussied out. There will be far fewer dead British, Australian, and U.S. troops and the job will actually get finished. Nothing worse than good soldiers under U.N. command, and there's no way our soldiers could learn the French-surrender tactic. Though this works almost as well as being the one who gets their butt kicked and then rebuilt better than before by the Allies.

In a few weeks, France will do their typical in-your-face-we-are-tough-too demonstration of an open-atmospheric detonation of a nuke on some atoll and will feel much better about themselves... :D

• Alabama_Rider

Posted March 23, 2003 - 07:32 PM

One day, the bunny was hopping through the forest, and the snake was slithering through the forest, when the bunny tripped over the snake and fell down. This, of course, knocked the snake about quite a bit. "Oh, my," said the bunny, "I'm terribly sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I've been blind since birth, so, I can't see where I'm going. In fact, since I'm also an orphan, I don't even know what I am."
"It's quite OK," replied the snake. "Actually, my story is much the same as yours. I, too, have been blind since birth, and also never knew my mother. Tell you what, maybe I could slither all over you, and work out what you are, so at least you'll have that going for you." "Oh, that would be wonderful" replied the bunny. So the snake slithered all over the bunny, and said, "Well, you're covered withsoft fur; you have really long ears; your nose twitches; and you have a soft cottony tail. I'd say that you must be a bunny rabbit."
"Oh, thank you! Thank you," cried the bunny, in obvious excitement. The bunny suggested to the snake, "Maybe I could feel you all over with my paw, and help you the same way that you've helped me." So the bunny felt the snake all over, and remarked, "Well, you're smooth and slippery, and you have a forked tongue, no backbone and no balls. I'd say you must be French."

• lewichris

Posted March 24, 2003 - 08:40 AM

this is what every protester needs to watch over and over again. It is the reason we are where we are right now. Never lose faith. For if you do who will help us then. Check out the website.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.