Steel magnetic drain plug?

3 replies to this topic
  • i_wheelie_longer

Posted June 30, 2009 - 06:03 AM

Hey, I was wondering if anyone makes a steel magnetic drain plug. i will never again use aluminum magnetic drain plugs because i torqued it last night and it broke off in my engine case and was luckily able to eventually get it out. i like the idea of magnetic plugs but i dont want to risk the weakness of aluminum, so i was wondering if they are made in steel as well? Thanks

• i_wheelie_longer

Posted July 01, 2009 - 05:59 PM

anyone? i really need to know. thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • smcdonn

Posted July 01, 2009 - 08:06 PM

I'll go easy on you. There is a chance that your plug possibly was defective in material or workmanship but there is an even higher chance you just simply over torqued it. Simply SNUG the drain bolt and you will be just fine with an aluminum plug. If your still set on a steel one, there is a guy on ebay that sells them except it's a larger head so you don't have enough clearance to get a socket on it with the frame in the way.

• desert-rat660

Posted July 01, 2009 - 08:30 PM

i use the moose magnetic drain plug

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.