WR426 Throttle Stop Question

4 replies to this topic
  • kevinparsons

Posted March 20, 2003 - 08:22 PM

I just tried to do the free mods to my '02 WR426F and I just got the throttle stop bolt out. Apparently the dealer had already cut it off. However, they cut it off all the way down to the threads. All of the links that I have checked out to make these mods tell me that I need to leave 20 mm on the stem. I am just curious about whether this matters, and if there are any affects of having it so short.

• The_Missile

Posted March 21, 2003 - 03:05 AM

Yes it screws up the TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and makes the performance erratic at high revs. On older models you may also ultimatley have a problem with the carb slide cracking due to over lifting and interference with the carb at the top.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • r1superstar

Posted March 21, 2003 - 04:34 AM

Mine was cut as well on my 02' WR426. You should be fine. I have no problems with mine..................db :)

• Wicked_Crash

Posted March 21, 2003 - 01:16 PM

You might want to make sure that when you open the throttle, with the cut throttle stop in, that the slide doesn't go any farther than flush with the carb throat. Better safe than sorry.

• r1superstar

Posted March 22, 2003 - 03:35 PM

Did you come into South Valley Motorsports (Yamaha Dealership in Draper) on Friday?? If so, I helped you at the parts counter. If not, no big deal. Just wanted to say HELLO............db :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.