new 09 yz450

8 replies to this topic
  • bakorider450

Posted June 29, 2009 - 10:44 AM

picked one up about a month and a half ago. Sold the 05 yz450. All i can say is wow. Completly different beast. Power is so smooth compared to the 05 and it handles so much better. Definatly going to do a dr. d pipe and a few other extras before the rain comes. Awesome bike though.

• thumpertime

Posted June 29, 2009 - 09:48 PM

I agree. The mods will level you out on the weak spots of the power band. I've added a 51 rear sprocket as well. Going out On Friday for a day trip. Love the bike but still doing other upgrades to the bike coming soon. Enjoy your bike and be safe. :worthy:
Posted Image

• REDBULLRICK

Posted June 30, 2009 - 06:18 AM

iv never ridden an 09 but iv got an 06 all i can say is its 10 times better than my 05 crf450, im dropping of my suspension today and hitting the track this weekend:ride: ill get an exhaust in a couple weeks. how do you guys the the drds compared to like an fmf?

• bakorider450

Posted June 30, 2009 - 10:45 AM

iv never ridden an 09 but iv got an 06 all i can say is its 10 times better than my 05 crf450, im dropping of my suspension today and hitting the track this weekend:ride: ill get an exhaust in a couple weeks. how do you guys the the drds compared to like an fmf?

I haven't tried either. I honestly have never had a pipe on any bike i have had. Never felt the need for one on the 05. I have just heard nothing but good about the dr. d pipe so that's what i plan on going with. What else is everyone doing to these 09's. Mostly just playing around with the sprokets and stuff?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • stepup450

Posted July 01, 2009 - 07:41 AM

got my 09 about 3 weeks ago. so far I went two teeth up in the rear sprocket, smaller leak jet(50)and just got a heavier flywheel.next will be more carb work to try for a cleaner and more powerfull bottom and mid. If I cant get it that way then exhaust will be next. not sure between the Yosh. or Dr.D. any opinions on these exhausts.

• Aka.Goose

Posted July 01, 2009 - 09:54 AM

Dr.D. gets great reviews...
I used to use the WB Alum ProII...It had awesome bottom end! But was loud as hell!
Switched to FMF Q4ti w/ ti megabomb...The power is so smoothed out, great mid...SUPER quiet...Thought I'd miss the bottom end snap, but I went up 1 tooth in the rear, and actually pull out of turns way faster now...I think it's because I get better traction from not spinning the tire as much on the bottom end...

• thumpertime

Posted July 01, 2009 - 08:57 PM

DRD is great for the yz450f 09. With the small mods I did on my bike, it helped out the low and mid. Nice sounds and much snappier. I did the same rear sprocket change and eager to test this Friday/Saturday ride. The baffle is definitely a straight pipe like similar to the Yosh. I had one on my 04 YZ450f.

Both are great just preference for you. I like it wide open. Big Gun would have been my second choice due to barrel type setup on the baffle.

• mxboy2661

Posted July 11, 2009 - 07:27 PM

got my 09 about 3 weeks ago. so far I went two teeth up in the rear sprocket, smaller leak jet(50)and just got a heavier flywheel.next will be more carb work to try for a cleaner and more powerfull bottom and mid. If I cant get it that way then exhaust will be next. not sure between the Yosh. or Dr.D. any opinions on these exhausts.

what class or skill level r u? i think going up 2 teeth on the rear is an over kill.. try a 50 rear , i race in the 25 a class, and i have a dr.d and the fmf w/ the mega bomb.. the dr.d is sick! jetting use 162m 48 pilot n get the needle off a 06 yz450. sweet! put the clip 3rd pos the fmf is dood, but for the price u can get 2 dr.d's and the drd is way better! if u got any Q just ask i got alotta experience with yami's, especially w , suspension

• stepup450

Posted July 17, 2009 - 08:15 AM

mxboy, thanks for the jetting tips. what elevation do you ride at? I think two teeth would be to much for sea level or for the mx track but I ride trails from 6000 to 10000 ft elevation. I would say I'm a good B level on mx track and A rider off road. Almost never ride a track so this thing will be made into a woods/desert bike. Changed my mind again on the pipe, ordered a MR.D exhaust today. He is going to send some jetting specs but would love to here what everybody else is doing for around 7000 ft. elevation.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.